Thursday, March 28, 2013

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

I would be lying if I said the past year went by fast or that it was easy. This past year was one of my most trying to date. When I look back, sometimes I wonder how I kept putting one foot in front of the other, day after day. But that's what us military wives are really good at. We are great at picking up the pieces when our husbands leave and keeping things running smoothly while they are away.

For those that don't know me, I am a graphic design graduate, a DIY lover, a wedding invitation guru, a wannabe runner, a mother, and a military wife.

Almost two years ago we were blessed with an amazing little guy, J. Five months after he was born, my husband was given a one year unaccompanied assignment to South Korea. In other terms, we couldn't go with him.

In the past year we have had our ups and downs. Living in two separate countries can put a serious strain on a family, but it also makes you truly value the time you have together.

In our three and a half years of marriage, we have moved from the Midwest to the desert, traveled throughout the South Pacific, lived in dorm rooms, hotel rooms, friends homes, family members homes, rental homes, and eventually landed ourselves deep in the soggy South. After over a year of living out of suitcases and boxes, flying halfway across the world to visit my husband with an infant in tow, we finally have a place to call home, together.

For the first time in our marriage we will be in the same home for nearly three years. THREE years!! We recently bought a home in Georgia with lots of southern charm, but in need of a little TLC. As a military family, we don't have the luxury of tackling our list of DIY projects throughout the course of years or even purchasing furniture specific for a certain home. My goal for this blog is to create simple, easy projects and repurpose household items that you may already have to work in any space. There is no reason not to make your house a home wherever that may be!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment